Nannie Berry Elementary

Registration for NEW STUDENTS

Registration is a two-part process for Sumner County Schools.You will need to register online AND at the school. Please see detailed information below.

Enrollment Checklist:  click here 

Online Registration:

Below is the Skyward Family Access link for NEW STUDENTS.


The online New Student Registration Guide can be found here.


We recommend you complete the Skyward online registration process before you arrive, please see  https://sumnerschools.org/index.php/registrationOur enrollment policy requires that you provide the following documentation before your child is eligible to attend school at Nannie Berry Elementary. Tennessee State Law requires the first two items and the Sumner County Board of Education requires the last two items.

▪ Certified Birth Certificate (not Mother’s Copy)▪ TN Shot Record with proof of a physical ▪ Driver's License/Photo ID of Primary Residential Parent to identify parent/guardian enrolling a child▪ Two Current Proofs of Residency in Primary Residential Parent's Name confirming that you reside within the NBE achool zone. See acceptable forms of residency below.*Custody Papers if Applicable
Acceptable Proofs of Residency
(Proofs of Residency must be dated within 30 days of the day you register to demonstrate in-zone status.)
▪ Legal document/lease showing proof of residency for a specific address and students name must be on the lease.
▪ Current bill assigned to a specific address—electric, gas, water, cable. (Cell phone, medical, and credit card bills are not accepted)
For any registration or new student enrollment inquiries, please contact:
Mrs.Peggy Gigax, Attendance and Registration 615-822-3123

Residency:  Please see required items for proof of residency.  If circumstances beyond your control prohibit you from providing these, Sumner County School District will allow your child to register for classes with the understanding that the parent/guardian will have three (3) school days to complete the residency requirements.  At the end of the school day, on the third (3rd) day, if the required documentation has not been turned into the school administrative office; your child will not be allowed to return to school until the documentation is complete.  At this time the Truancy Division of Sumner County School will be notified that your child is truant from school.  If you do not own/rent your own residency and are declaring to NBE that you reside with another family, you must appear with the homeowner and complete a Residency Affidavit.  The Homeowner must be present and provide (2) utility bills in their name.  A Truancy Office from Sumner County Schools will verify residency. Dowload Residency Affidavit Here

NOTE:  A Truancy Officer may verify your residence at any time during the current school year

Custody:  If you child is not living with BOTH biological parents, we must have a copy of custody papers to verify that the child is living with the primary residential parent.  This is for your child’s protection, as well as to protect the school from liability.  Frequently, copies of these papers that you may have given a previous school will not be in your child’s school record.  Some schools keep these in a separate file and do not transfer them in the student’s record.

**If there is anyone whom your child should not have contact, you must furnish us with documents to declare that. It will also need to be noted on the registration card on file at NBE.

Immunizations:  Out of State Immunizations must be transferred to a current TN Immunization Form at the Sumner County Health Dept or a Doctors Office. Click here to access the Sumner County Health Department website to transfer you child's immunization to Sumner County.

Birth Certificate:  Your child must be registered under the name given on the birth certificate.  If there has been a name change, please supply us with either a copy of the new birth certificate or the court order of the name change.

TN Code Annotated 49-6-5106 states “Use of name of birth certificate-A student shall be enrolled in school under the name that appears on such student’s certificate of live birth, or certificate of birth by adoption, if such adoption occurs prior to the child’s entrance into school…Court-ordered name changes will be entered on the student’s record upon receipt of appropriate court document.”

Withdrawal From Previous School:  We will request records from your child’s previous school.  You will need to go there to return all books, and pay any outstanding charges.  That school may hold the school records until this is done, and we will not be able to receive the information from them that we need.

Lunch Waiver:  If your child was on the program at the Sumner County School from which he/she is transferring, then the program will still be in effect here.  If you are transferring from a school outside Sumner County, you must reapply on the Sumner County form.  If you have a child in more than one school, the application only needs to be filed at one school.  There may be several days pass before your application is approved.  Any questions about the lunch waiver program should be directed to the NBE café manager.

Please print out, fill out, and bring the following documents with you to Back To School Nights:

For enrollment inquiries or Skyward log in questions, please contact: Peggy Gigax, Attendance and Registrar 615-822-3123, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Our Shared Vision

Sumner County Schools is a collaborative culture of high performing students, teachers, and school communities.

Mission Statement

Sumner County Schools commits to growing learners who are college and career ready through quality instruction, effective use of resources, building a collaborative culture, and strong leadership.