Nannie Berry Elementary is an extremely diverse and effective school which produces very high levels of achievement with continuous academic growth where character is built, students are empowered, and discovery is valued.
Nannie Berry Elementary commits to growing learners who are middle school ready through the avenues of quality instruction, effective use of resources, collaborative culture and strong leadership.
- Teachers hold high expectations for each students in a physically and emotionally safe and secure supportive learning environment
- Engaging minds and developing character with credible ongoing thinking/learning experiences equips students to contribute to the community
- Students receive quality feedback and equal access to differentiated instructional opportunities (enrichment/interventions) based on individual needs and standards-driven instruction
- Parents, teachers, and community work collaboratively with respect to facilitate students in reaching their individual learning goals
- Our inclusive culture embraces diversity, gives equal access to each student, promotes responsibility, and supports positive self-esteem
- Reciprocal trust encourages the use of innovative and unique solutions
- A commitment to grow leaders with an intentional focus on improving student learning
- Leaders involve all stakeholders in setting goals and improving our school through modeling, transparency, and collaboration
- All stakeholders set high expectations and hold themselves and others accountable for results
- School resources are aligned and utilized to support student needs across grade levels
- The school develops and strives to retain exemplary employees by using mentoring, collaboration, and school wide support
- Learning opportunities are enhanced by collaboratively partnering with parents and community